Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Book Paradise


Searching for a new book is not always so easy, and lately I have been having the most difficult time. Nothing has really been hitting me. There hasn't been a book to hit the trend waves in a while, so I have had to do more research than normal. 

Today, I had some free time and something told me I should go to the library. It was like the day was just set in stone, like it was meant to be. Well, I decided to hit up one of my local libraries. 

Something kind of hit me when I went to the library and that something was nostalgia. Growing up, going to the library was like my candy store. It was as much of a day out as it would be going to the movies. As a young kid and up to now, there has always been something magical about going to the library. It holds something special for me that nothing else could replicate. It's my happiest place on Earth. 

Going to the library today instantly brought back those same feelings of excitement and anticipation of what books I was going to find. Looking at all the books gives me this simultaneous feeling of anxiousness and peace. It can be overwhelming at times because I have such high hopes for what I can find. Plus, you have hundreds of books at your finger tips for FREE. Lot's of Book Bound material is supported by the New York Public Libraries because books can be expensive. It also makes it easier to get a bunch of new books to review right away. 

The inspiration for this blog post was from my experience at the library today. Even though it wasn't the best library that I have been too, it still created for me that childhood innocence and excitement that never gets old. I have to remember that even though going to the library isn't a very popular thing to do for people my age, it's still popular in my heart. It is still something that people should put there support behind. It's the only place that I know of that you can go and get something special for free. Books to me are priceless and beautiful works of art that help you escape from your realty. They give you a place to go when your mind just can't rest. They lift your mind and creativity to new heights. It's the only thing in this world, outside of my family and friends, that I have had a connection to. The one constant thing in my world that has made sense. Books have and always will be a part of me, a part of my soul. 

XOXO,
Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment