Saturday, June 25, 2016

"The Walking Dead" Compendium Comics


"The Walking Dead" came from somewhere before it was a hit TV show. It was first created as a comic. I've been a fan of the show for a couple of seasons now. It captured my attention almost straight away and even made me cry, which is not something I usually do when watching TV. 

After the last season ended on a cliff hanger, it really got me wanting to know what happens next. Plus we all know that TV and movies don't always stick to the script, so to speak. 

I choose the compendiums because they are all the editions of the comics wrapped up into on book. It makes it easier so that I don't to buy each individual one, which would be a lot of money and time. The compendiums are huge but totally worth it. I breezed through these compendiums. The books are huge but it't not hard when the book is made of mostly pictures. 

I truly loved the experience of reading the true "Walking Dead" story. It was amazing to see where the comic and the book differ. The comic definitely had a slightly less than TV friendly demeanor so at times it made sense that they changed the story. Even though I love the TV show story line, it was really cool to read the comic and get this whole other side of the story. Because even though the settings of the show may not be too different, the people and events have differences that make the comic a whole different story and a great story companion. 

If your a "Walking Dead" fan, you should definitely get your hands on these comics. It's such a fun and exciting read with as much cliffhangers and plot twits as the show. There are characters that are still in the comic that don't even make it past the first season of the show. It's truly a different side of "The Walking Dead." Can't wait till they compile the next set of comics into the 4th compendium.

Ciao,
Cheryl

P.S. There will be a new book review coming very soon! Check back soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment