Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Just One of Those Days


Until mid-day, I was having a mostly normal day. Nothing crazy and I was feeling pretty good. For some reason, as the day went on, I just got into one of those moods. Nothing even happened to make me feel this way. My attitude just flipped and I was no longer feeling like this day was normal or fun.
Sometimes these days just happen. And often times I find myself reflecting on this moments because for the most part I like to remain happy at all times. I have some suspicions that I have some underlying issues, like under the surface that I haven't faced, that cause me to create these moments in a seemingly good day.
I wanted to share this thought with you because I felt like we can all use a reminder that bad days will happen and they won't be announced. But remember that you can turn things around. Don't get weighed down by the negativity. I believe that life is a lot about how you react to it. Stop for a moment before you make a decision or say what your thinking. Often times if you give yourself that few seconds to think you will find that what you are about to do or say in those moments of negativity are not the correct response. I tired to do that today. I still failed but I realized that I do have the power over how I respond to things and how I respond reflects on how well my day will go.

Another reason I wanted to write this, was because reading is a huge antidote to a bad day. If I'm ever having a bad day I know one thing that will always get me out of it and that's reading. One of the major things I love about books is that they can be an escape. Books have always been an escape route for me from life. Whenever I need clarity, I read, because it clears my mind of my worries or concerns and opens it up for more positive and rational thoughts. Reading should truly be a medical remedy for some people because I swear its my life line.

So if you're having a bad day, maybe this time start reading, if you don't normally do that. I think you might find that your day just turned around again and this time for the better.

XO
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment